Saturday, February 20, 2010

So I just realized I hadn't done a Blogstalking post in awhile.

It also dawned on me that I hadn't shared with you all what I started doing last fall during my "great sadness" (Book: The Shack has been so cathartic for me!).

You know God always works it out that He brings you what you need just when you need it!! And one of those things for me has been RUNNING
I started out with the Couch to 5K program and then slowly progressed to now being able to run 3.1 miles= 5K (give or take on the day ;op).

And actually ran my first 5K race today!!!

Yep I am putting my knitted hats to good use :)


It was a challenging goal accomplished and it felt victorious!

For more details and to follow me on my new journey you can do so on my new running blog at: www.runcrimsonrun.blogspot.com

14 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    That's so awesome, Stacey! I sprained my knee a few months ago and haven't been running in quite some time. I've had a hard time finding motivation in these cold MI winters, but you've inspired me to start up again.
    Liz said...
    Wow! That is so great! I've wanted to conquer this program myself. You're an inspiration! GOOD FOR YOU! :D
    Monique said...
    Wow! That's great!
    p.s. I'm a blogstalker too. LOL!
    Sheila said...
    Congrats on your first 5k. Like Muchadored the winter has taken a toll on me and have not walk/run in a few weeks, despite the fact that I do it on a treadmill..lol
    diddlinaknits said...
    Thats great Stacey!!!! i am super proud of your accomplishment!
    caknitter said...
    A 5k, wow girl, you rock!
    SissySees said...
    You go girl! I miss running (and walking). I might put on my boots (mud you know) and take the girls for a walk before their baths today.
    Anonymous said...
    Good for you!! Running is always so therapeutic! Congrats on your first 5k, here's to many more and maybe a marathon someday! ;)
    Adrienne said...
    Congrats girl!!! Check ya email :)
    Jane Prater said...
    Go Stacey!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, the Baby Sophisticate is adorable. Love the color choice.
    Jada said...
    Congrats Congrats!! Good for you!
    cici said...
    You go girl!!! Congrats on the new blog. It seems running agrees with you. You are looking great♥
    Cas... said...
    Super cool! I always appreciate runners. It's something I would like to do but haven't found the mojo. Maybe one day!
    Lynette said...
    wow!! that's so awesome. i'll be keeping up with you on your running blog. :)

Post a Comment